James G, Manning, 55 years old passed away in Sayre Monday morning, January 15, 1934. He is survived by his wife, four sons, Roy, Jim, Ray and Leon, all of the home address. Three daughters, Mrs. Ada Marshall, Bradley; Mrs. Anna Wills, Chickasha and Mrs. Jessie Cheley, Reydon.
Funeral services were held at the Presbyterian Church Tuesday, with Rev. J.T. Means officiating. Burial will be in Delhi Cemetery in charge of Litrell-Moore.
Jim Manning, a farmer who lived about twenty miles northwest of Cheyenne died at Sayre hospital at 1:30 Monday morning after a short illness. Mr. Manning came to this county in 1928 from Lindsay, Oklahoma with his family, locating in the Square Top community later, moving to the Hamburg vicinity about twenty miles northwest of the city.
Last week he became ill and was taken to the Sayre Hospital where he died Monday morning. He was 55 years old at the time of his death and left a wife and seven children to mourn his going. They are Roy 23, Jim 21, Ray 16, Leon 8 who lived at home with Mrs. Manning; Mrs. John Marshall, Bradley, Oklahoma, Mrs. H.J. Willis of Oklahoma City and Mrs. Cecil Cheley of Reydon, Oklahoma.

Funeral services were conducted by the pastor of Presbyterian Church at Sayre after which the remains were laid to rest in the Delhi Cemetery by the side of a child who preceded him in death and his father and mother.
The preliminary hearing of C.D. Rowen who is charged in an information with murder is being heard by Judge W.F. Crane as sitting magistrate. This case was started on March 1 and continued until Thursday the 15th, the County Attorney asking for a continuance until he could get an order from the District Court to have the body of James G. Manning ehumed.
This case is a result of a fistic encounter which occured on January 8 in the First State Bank of Cheyenne at which time Rowen struck Manning with his fist, after Manning had called Rowen names. Several days later Manning was taken to a hospital in Sayre where he died with a blood clot on the brain.
The County Attorney received an order from the District Court to ehume the body which was done Wednesday March 14. A postmortem was held in Sayre which revealed according to Dr. McGrath of Sayre and Dr. J.V. Hyer of Cheyenne that the skull was fractured. A depression in the left temple was found aslso a fracture running to the front and also entirely around the back of the skull to the right ear. They each testfied that the bone showed signs of healing where the depression was evidenced. They each testified to a blood clot formation in the back portion of the brain.
Sayre Headlight Journal, Sayre, Ok Jan-1934